Angle Corner

Angle Corner for the week of 10-28-19

This Halloween week brings many activities to our campus.  We had our first home basketball game, our monthly SEL activity, and will have our first ever Block Party for the Community.

On Tuesday, we did our monthly SEL activity to develop social and emotional growth in our students.  The topic this month was social media.  Take some time to ask your student about the video and class discussion that took place.  Administrators were in many of the classrooms to hear the rich discussions.

I wanted to remind everyone of our Block Party, taking place Friday from 5:30 – 8:00.  We will have FREE food and games, and we will have a Halloween movie.  With the temps scheduled to plummet, we are considering moving the activities into the cafeteria and showing the movie in our theater, but the show WILL go on!

Saturday, November 2, a family has offered to come and work at the school, cleaning away brush and painting exterior rails.  Would YOUR family like to come and work alongside them, or would you like to plan a day for your own family to just come and put in some time working on our grounds?  Email [email protected] for a list of projects in progress.

Student Council is beginning their campaign for pennies for patients on Monday, November 4.  This is money they raise for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Money will be collected through 3rd block. Our school goal is to raise $1500. The top selling 3rd block will earn a lunch from Olive Garden. The top selling in the other two grades will earn a open gym day during 3rd block.  The money does not have to be pennies. *PARENTS,  we will designate a day to chuck your spare change in the car rider line, so please be on the lookout for that day in the next week and consider bringing your change to the car rider line and dropping it in the bucket!

Also, please don’t forget about donating to providing Crisis Incident Response Kits. Crisis Incident Response Kits are designed to provide the necessary medical products to treat the more serious medical emergencies that may occur in a school setting. Our Wilson County School SRO’s want to put a Bleeding Control Kit in EVERY classroom that would allow teachers who will receive training to take immediate action to stop life threatening bleeding if there is ever an active shooter or other situation. They also want to purchase a SRO Crisis Kit for each school. The kits are $50 per classroom and $200 for the SRO version. Our goal is to raise $4,000 to cover MJMS. If you or a business would like to sponsor a crisis incident kit or contribute any dollar amount towards the purchase it would be greatly appreciated and is tax deductible! Donations can be made online at this link https://link.zixcentral.com/u/4d711e43/6gv8bTv76RGZEp3P-uoD4Q?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcrisis-incident-response-kits-99573.cheddarup.com

I look forward to seeing you all at the Block Party this Friday Night!!

Dr. Angle