Teacher Spotlight

Teacher Spotlight

Rachel Blumhardt

The Most Wonderful Teacher in the World:

Mrs. Gribble

Thank you to the most wonderful teacher in the world: Mrs. Gribble. She is a quintessential teacher that builds friendships with students, providing stability in their education and influencing their lives. Her kindness, patience, ability to make a class roar with laughter and memorable teaching is what makes Mrs. Gribble’s classroom into a welcoming home for students. 

Mrs. Gribble says, “By far, my favorite thing about teaching is the relational aspect. I am so thankful for the relationships and bonds I form with my students, as well as my peers.” She is not only an amazing teacher, but a friend who is always there to support you and continue a lasting bond. It is common for former students of hers to stop by the classroom to say hello, and that’s not surprising at all!

What is hardest for Mrs. Gribble as a teacher is the pressure. It is a heavy load on teachers to get good scores, to participate in things out of the classroom, and pressure to not fail. “Don’t get me wrong, sometimes these things are also what makes this job challenging and fun… but, at the end of the day, this pressure makes teaching one of the most stressful careers,” she says. On top of that, social media platforms can shed negative light on educators, which is upsetting because teachers work hard, and don’t receive much in return. 

I asked Mrs. Gribble what makes her feel appreciated. She said, “When a student takes the time to come back and visit me…” It shows that her former students truly appreciate the bond they have formed. She also said, “That’s the reason we do what we do.”

Mrs. Gribble’s favorite time period to teach during the year is Medieval Europe. It is full of exciting wars, people and changes. 

Thank you again, Mrs. Gribble, for all that you do. Her hard work and amazing relationships she forms with students is evident, and I know that her 2020 seventh graders will not only learn from Mrs. Gribble now, but remember her in the many years to come.