MJMS COUNSELORS ROCK!!

We know how great or MJMS Guidance Counselors are, but we wanted to let you in on how great they are!

Please take a few minutes to read about each of our wonderful counselors.

Allison Riebel:

This is my second year as a school counselor.

My favorite part of my job is being able to support students through both academic and social-emotional struggles to be the best students they can be!

I have always known that I want to work with kids in some way. After studying Psychology during my undergrad, school counseling seemed like the perfect way to combine those two things! I am so happy that this is the path that I chose; I love getting to work so closely with our kids and all the great staff members at MJMS! 🐻

Curtis Mcafee:

How long have you been a school counselorI have been a License School Counselor for 3 years. Prior, I worked at DCS in Foster-Care for 13 years. 

What made you decide you wanted to be a school counselor? I wanted to be a positive role model for students in need. Also, I enjoy learning and interacting with students from different backgrounds.

What is your favorite thing about your job? Being able to maximize a student’s true potential despite the barriers.

Jade Bowman:

How long have you been a school counselor?

This is my 19th year in Wilson County. I taught for 2 years (ELA), and this is year 17 for School Counseling.

What is your favorite thing about your job?

~Helping students reach their potential.. seeing them excited about school and the positive relationships they have formed while receiving supports. ~Working as a team (parents, teachers, administration, counselors, support personnel, and staff) to help our students overcome barriers. It takes a village!

~The day to day variety keeps me on my toes.

What made you decide you wanted to be a school counselor?

My compassion for children, and the desire to help cultivate the mindset for success.